Did you know carb cycling can help you lose fat?
What is carb cycling?
Carb cycling is considered to be a high level nutritional strategy that is strategically planned to alter carbohydrate intake as a way to prevent a plateau in your weight loss or fat loss plan. The benefit of carb cycling is that it helps you maintain consistent workout performances; as well as, supporting you in maintaining a steady metabolism.
It is important to know that carb cycling is beneficial and effective but it is recommended to be used for a short period of time.
Carb cycling is the process of restricting carbohydrates and then reintroducing them systematically.
Carb cycling takes planning…
The long and the short of it is; many experts in this field recommend two days on and one day off. This can be done by getting carbohydrates from vegetables on your two “on days”. Your one “off day” should be used to reintroduce carbs into your diet in the form of quinoa, sweet potatoes, steel cut oats, brown rice, etc…
The reason why this method is so effective is because you’re creating a caloric deficit and giving your metabolism what it needs to burn optimal calories.
Following the rules below will assist you in planning and it will provide you an outline for success:
- It is important to eat 20-40 grams of protein at each meal.
- Load up on fiber filled vegetables (which can help keep you feeling fuller, longer)
- Include omega 3 fatty acids in your daily diet.
- Drink lots of water and stay away from any drinks that contain calories. Remember, you’re trying to create a caloric deficit.
- Season your food! Stay away from calorie filled sauces, this includes high calorie salad dressings.
- Plan 5 to 7 meals a day and plan ahead! Meal prep is key if you do not have much time in your busy weeks to cook!
- Consult with an expert on diet and exercise. For guidance and consistency with workouts and exercise, contact us for more information! We will help you get started on your effective weight loss journey! For more information and updates on health and nutrition, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!@NJFitnessPros Source: https://www.mymetabolicmeals.
com/carb-cycling-the-30-day- nutrition-plan-that-actually- works/
Some people may wonder, what insulin resistance is and how does this impact weight-loss progress?
Insulin resistance is when the body has an impaired response to insulin. This results in elevated levels of glucose in the blood. Also, the body’s ability to use insulin slowly declines.When insulin declines it may cause weight gain, diabetes, and additional medical problems like heart disease.
Don’t worry! There are ways to slow this process and avoid weight gain. According to the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program, recommendations are to eat more healthy foods and well-balanced meals, as well as doing a minimum of 150 minutes of physical activity every week.
Researchers have found that weight loss of 5-7% has shown to be enough when increasing insulin sensitivity. That is a loss of about 8 pounds for someone who weighs around 150 pounds.
Stay “in the know” and check out or Luther blogs at: https://njfitnesspros.com/blog/
Sources used for this article:
& Google dictionary
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by NJ Fitness Pros and while we strive to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. We value your privacy. Any and all information provided through this website is solely used for purposes to communicate with the user and will not be used for any other purpose.