TOFU Breakfast Scramble
V, GF, DG
3.5 oz organic, non-GMO tofu
spices for tofu (to desired taste): turmeric, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chipotle chili flakes, himalayan pink salt, pepper, nutritional yeast.
*1/2 medium-sized sweet potato, diced
*1/4 cup red onion, chopped
*1/3 cup wild mushrooms
*1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
*1/3 cup leeks, sliced
spices for sweet potato/veg mix (to desired taste): garlic powder, paprika, chipotle chili flakes, himalayan pink salt, black pepper.
*1/2 roma tomato
*2+ tablespoons fresh cilantro
sprinkle of sesame seeds
* local market ingredients
- Spray a medium sized pan with avocado oil cooking spray and put over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped sweet potatoes, leeks, onions and peppers.
- Sprinkle with desired spices and cook down. 3-5 minutes in, add mushrooms and continue cooking.
- While the vegetables are cooking, start the tofu.
- Prep the pan the same way, add tofu, and mash using a spoon or fork until the desired consistency is reached (should resemble scrambled eggs).
- Add spices and cook until most of the moisture is gone.
- Plate, add sides and toppings and enjoy!