- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 tbsp water)
- 1 brown banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel + chop sweet potatoes, then roast or steam until fully cooked. Mash until smooth, reserve 1 cup.
- Prepare flax egg + let sit until a thick mixture forms.
- In a mixing bowl, add dry ingredients: oat flour, baking powder, salt + cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed sweet potatoes, flax egg, almond milk (start with smaller amount and add more as needed), melted coconut oil + vanilla until smooth.
- Pour liquid ingredients into the dry and mix well to combine.
Heat a pan or skillet to medium heat, spray with coconut oil cooking spray. Measure 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form, flip then cook for a few minutes more minute until the perfect color.
- Continue until all the batter is used up. Enjoy warm with some fresh fruit + almond butter!